Monday, August 30, 2010

Snail's Salad

A few weeks ago, we went camping (that's a whole post in itself--how is it camping when you get to enjoy a Netbook, try out Skype, watch TV --cable TV even! and have running water, a biffy and a shower in your trailer? Sweet!)...

Anyway, already I digress..haha!

Keshia and I went for a walk and we simply took our time, drinking in all the sights and sounds and scurrying of critters. Somehow one of us (I think it was Keshia) noticed a snail on the path. He was eating teeny tiny clovers...I said he was eating the world's smallest salad!

That moment is really staying with me...I wanted to start a blog called Snail Salad...Enjoy the micro-moments of life.

When was the last time I ever slowed down and crouched down to watch a snail eat supper? :)

It was magical for some reason. It was very cool. It was a great reminder...kind of like slow down and smell the roses or wake up and smell the coffee...mmmm!

About a week later I came back to my job only to find it had vanished like the wind. I think that moment was much more of a gift from God than I could have known.

Thank You, Lord, for micro-moments to enjoy and savor and for using a super small snail to grab my attention and remind me of Your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment