Saturday, October 31, 2009

Powerless

Today I am powerless.

My daughter lost her job. She feels even more powerless than I do.

I am hurting for her but sitting here hundreds, if not thousands, of kilometers away.

There definitely is power in prayer. I pray she will find work quickly and this time in a more stable environment.

Maybe powerlessness is not completely a bad thing if it makes us lean on God...
...if it makes us realize there is no power in me to change some circumstances
...but I'm "plugged into" The SOURCE of all power, my Father God

Sure, I have some power personally--the power to choose attitudes and actions, the power to be positive and loving, the power to adapt to things as needed, the power to change certain behaviours but ultimately, I surrender!

I surrender my "rights" to my powerful God and choose today to trust in Him.

He is more than able to answer our prayers above what we can ask or imagine. I know He wants good for my daughter, even more than I do.

I choose to celebrate my own powerlessness and to rejoice in His perfect power working on our behalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment